About The Coupon Diary:

As a new years resolution for 2009 I am going to post all of my grocery purchases online. I will try to keep track of how much I spend and save. I am trying to keep my grocery budget under $50 a week.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Safeway 1/21



I coupon shopped at safeway for my first time today. I got some pretty decent deals, however it wasn't real easy. First, my printer's ink just started running low and so my coupon was just a little faded and I guess if the black ink isn't dark enough it means that you photocopied it. I would never do something like that, but i just ended up not using it anyway. Also I wanted to buy some toothpaste that was on sale for 89 cents, and I had a coupon for 1.00 off of one. I couldn't use it though because it was more than the price and she wouldn't adjust it or anything. On the bright side I did get a load of fruit snacks and wipes.


Shopping list:




  • (12) boxes of various fruit rollups and fruit by the foot

  • (2) bags of pampers wipes, 385 ct.
  • (1) bottle of soft soap

Total Spent: $12.41

Total Saved: $31.10 ( The wipes were on clearance for 4.99 before I used the .50 off coupon and I don't know what they originally were so I can't calculate that in)

1 comment:

  1. I think my brain is about to explode because it is trying to imagine your coupon awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete